Rode VideoMic NTG
- Revolutionary acoustic design that delivers unsurpassed acoustic transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and very flat frequency response
- Unique stepless gain control
- The automatically detecting 3.5 mm output interacts seamlessly with cameras and mobile devices.
- Class-compliant USB C output with headphone output for seamless audio monitoring
- Digital switching - controls high pass filter, pad, high frequency boost and safety channel
- dB peak value warning light
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery for over 30 hours of recording capacity, charging via USB-C
- High quality Rycote Lyre shock mount with cable management and a slide rail to adjust the microphone placement on a camera cold shoe
- Lightweight (94g) and robust aluminium construction in aviation quality
The VideoMic NTG is a feature-rich broadcast microphone optimized for use in front of the camera. It features the same revolutionary acoustic design as the NTG5 broadcast shotgun microphone, which delivers unparalleled transparency and natural, pristine sound. It also features an incredibly flat frequency response, a highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and very low self-noise. You get a compact camera microphone that can compete with the best shotgun microphones in the world.
Not only does the microphone sound great, it's also extremely flexible, offering a range of tools and features to help you master any recording situation. Digital switching gives you access to a high-pass filter, a -20dB pad, high-frequency boost and a security channel. There's also a unique stepless gain control that lets you adjust the output to your exact needs. The 3.5mm output automatically detects which device you are connected to (camera or mobile phone) and switches to accommodate it - no more fiddling around with adapter cables! There's also a handy new dB peak warning light so you can always be sure that your recording is not distorted.
The device is more than just an on-camera microphone. Not only does it combine perfectly with DSLRs, compact cameras and smartphones - either on-camera, as a boom microphone or on a camera with a handle - but it is also a full-fledged USB microphone that can be connected to a computer, tablet or smartphone. The 3.5 mm jack also serves as a headphone output for seamless audio monitoring when using the USB output.
- Acoustic principle: Pressure gradient electret capacitor
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 KHz
- Frequency response: 35 Hz - 18 kHz +/- 3 dB
- Output impedance: 10 ohm
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 79 dB
- Dynamic range: 105 dB SPL (IEC651)
- Noise equivalent: 15dB SPL (A-weighted, according to IEC651)
- Sensitivity: -26 dB re 1V/Pa (50mV @ 94dB SPL) ± 1dB @ 1kHz
- Input SPL @ 1% THD: 120dB SPL
- High pass filter frequency: 75Hz, 150Hz
- Battery life: 30+ hours
- Battery capacity: 350 mAh
- Output connector: 3.5mm auto-sensing USB-C
- Bit depth: 24-bit
- Sampling rates: 48 kHz